Women Prefer to Watch Porn on Their Smartphones

woman holding smartphone

Women are more likely to watch porn videos on their phones than on a computer.

A recent survey conducted by the famous adult video streaming platform, Pornhub, discovered that women prefer to watch porn on their smartphones while men prefer accessing the website via laptop or computer.

Women Prefer Smaller Devices

Pornhub recently unveiled a series of statistics showing the kind of devices males and females prefer when accessing the streaming platform. According to them, 71 percent of female users prefer watching porn on smartphones, 21 percent use desktops, and 8 percent reach for the tablet.

By comparison, 69 percent of male users prefer a smartphone or a tablet, the other 31 percent opting for a desktop.

Over the last few years, ever since smartphone screens started to grow bigger and bigger, more and more users began browsing Pornhub on mobile devices. Now, approximately 72 percent of total traffic originates from mobile devices – be it a smartphone or a tablet.

Different Age Groups Prefer Different Devices

The clash between mobile devices and desktops is not only influenced by the user’s gender. Age also has a say. According to Pornhub, 78 percent of millennials opt for a smartphone when wanting to watch a porn video. On the other hand, users over the age of 35 prefer using a desktop.

On a more gender-specific note, 49 percent of women aged 65 or older prefer to access the platform via a desktop, 36 percent use a tablet, and only 15 percent opt for their phone.

From an OS point of view, it seems women prefer Android over iOS as 53 percent of female users access a smartphone via a device powered by Android, and 47 percent used an Apple phone or iPad.

Women are Avid Porn Consumers

While popular belief dictates that men are the only ones who prefer indulging themselves with adult videos, Pornhub declared that approximately 26 percent of their regular visitors are women.

Females, the streaming platform found, spend 24 minutes per week on Pornhub. By comparison, men usually spend up to 110 minutes per week watching pornographic material.

However, Pornhub said that women generate so much traffic, that the website registered a massive drop during the January Women’s March when most female users were out on the street – cavilers would say that those who participated in the Women’s March had their smartphones with them.

Whether they access it from a mobile device or a desktop, from work or from home, one thing is for sure – women don’t shy away from watching adult videos. They may not be doing it as often as men, but they do contribute to the success of a flourishing timeless industry.

Image Source: Pexels